|Avram Noam Chomsky|
|Doğum tarixi:||7 dekabr 1928|
|Doğum yeri:||Filadelfiya, Pensilvaniya|
Avram Noam Çomski, (d. 7 dekabr 1928) Amerikalı linqvist, filosof, və politoloq.Çomski "müasir dilçilik atası" kimi təsvir olunub və analitik fəlsəfəsinin böyük bir xadimidir..Yəhudi Rus köçkünü Uilyam Çomskinin oğludur.N. Çomski Massaçusets Texnologiya İnstitutunda Dilçilik professorudur.Öz adıyla adlandırdığı Çomski iyerarxiyasını inkişaf etdirmişdir.
İstinadlar[redaktə | əsas redaktə]
- "Noam Chomsky", by Zoltán Gendler Szabó, in Dictionary of Modern American Philosophers, 1860–1960, ed. Ernest Lepore (2004). "Chomsky's intellectual life had been divided between his work in linguistics and his political activism, philosophy coming as a distant third. Nonetheless, his influence among analytic philosophers has been enormous because of three factors. First, Chomsky contributed substantially to a major methodological shift in the human sciences, turning away from the prevailing empiricism of the middle of the twentieth century: behaviorism in psychology, structuralism in linguistics and positivism in philosophy. Second, his groundbreaking books on syntax (Chomsky (1957, 1965)) laid a conceptual foundation for a new, cognitivist approach to linguistics and provided philosophers with a new framework for thinking about human language and the mind. And finally, he has persistently defended his views against all takers, engaging in important debates with many of the major figures in analytic philosophy..."
- The Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy (1999), "Chomsky, Noam," Cambridge University Press, pg. 138. "Chomsky, Noam (born 1928), preeminent American linguist, philosopher, and political activist... Many of Chomsky's most significant contributions to philosophy, such as his influential rejection of behaviorism... stem from his elaborations and defenses of the above consequences..."
- Clark, Neil (2003-07-14). "Great thinkers of our time – Noam Chomsky". New Statesman. http://www.newstatesman.com/200307140016. İstifadə tarixi: 2008-08-02. "Regarded as the father of modern linguistics, founder of the field of transformational-generative grammar, which relies heavily on logic and philosophy."
- Fox, Margalit (1998-12-05). "A Changed Noam Chomsky Simplifies". New York Times. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20B1FFA3A5F0C768CDDAB0994D0494D81&n=Top%2fReference%2fTimes%20Topics%2fPeople%2fC%2fChomsky%2c%20Noam. İstifadə tarixi: 2008-08-02. "... Noam Chomsky, father of modern linguistics and the field's most influential practitioner; ..."
- Thomas Tymoczko, Jim Henle, James M. Henle, Sweet Reason: A Field Guide to Modern Logic, Birkhäuser, 2000, p. 101.
- Arnove, Anthony (March 1997). "In Perspective: Noam Chomsky". International Socialism. İstifadə tarixi: 29 October 2011.
- "The Accidental Bestseller, Publishers Weekly, 5-5-03, accessed 05-03-11. "Chomsky's controversial political works...became mainstream bestsellers."